Sunday 12 August 2012

An apple a day...

The apple trees at the end of our garden have started production for the year, with apples turning red by the day. The baby has been gazing up at them for a long time with a lot of interest and been displeased by us refusing to pass him one even if he points vigorously. Now he has suddenly been offered the opportunity to pick one each day and he is delighted. He clasps them in his two hands and savagely bites them, making what sound like roaring noises. Surprisingly, considering they are the hardest textured thing he has ever been given, he really does eat them - it takes about half an hour but the apple does slowly get eaten. He is very happy.

I think I need to follow his lead and eat one every day myself. I have a horrid cold he gave me - he got over it quickly and seemed oblivious to it and his disgustingly snotty nose, whereas I feel like death warmed over. An apple a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment